Corporate & Business Librarian Use of Google & Its Features & Apps (ISBN No:978-1-57440-443-2 )

The report presents findings from a survey of 22 corporate and business librarians, predominantly drawn from major corporations and leading business schools.  The 188-page study presents detailed data on use of Google, YouTube, Chrome, Gmail, Drive and a myriad of other Google Features and Apps including but not limited to: Google Maps, Google Advanced Search, Google Books, Google Scholar, Google Images, Google Photos, Google Notifications, Google Calendar, Google Sky, Google Forms, Google Groups and many others.

Data is broken out separately for corporate and business education libraries (largely those of MBA programs) and by library size and by age, gender and compensation level of survey participant, among other variables. In addition to providing data on the extent of use and usefulness of these various features and apps, respondents identify their favored features and apps and how they benefit from them.

Just a few of the surveys major findings are that:

·         For librarians sampled working in corporate libraries 57.75 percent of searches are conducted through the Google search engine; the median is 58 percent, in a range of 40 to 75 percent.

·         31.82 percent of all librarians sampled said they use Google Images very often, 27.27 percent use it often, 27.2 percent sometimes use it, and 9.09 percent said they never really use it.

·         In the past month, the librarians in the sample spent on Google Maps a mean of 1.1 hours of their work time; the median was 0.88 hours in a range of 0 to 5 hours. 

·         YouTube is most useful to librarians working in libraries with more than 12 FTE staff, 60 percent of whom said it is essential while the remaining 40 percent said it is quite useful.  

Higher Education Management

Report coverage in this topic area includes: marketing, enrollment and public relations; advancement and fundraising; international and domestic student services; retention and assessment; technology management, facilities managment, and much more.

Law Firm and Law Library Management

Reports in this area can be roughly grouped into 4 types: surveys of law libraries, surveys of attorneys in major law firms, surveys of management personnel in major law firms, and surveys of law school faculty and administrators.

Libraries

Subject areas covered include: content management, materials purchasing, facilities management, digitization, purchasing and negotiations, open access and digital repositories, personnel management and training, budgeting, fundraising and much more.

© Reserved 2014

Designed and Developed by BSD InfoTech